Reminder on the use of CovScan Cyprus
Following the quarantine decrees of the Ministry of Health (No. 44 of 3.12.2021 and No. 45 of 14.12.2021), the Deputy Ministry informs citizens and companies that the national regulations regarding the controls of European digital COVID certificates (EUDCC) Cyprus via the CovScan Cyprus app, have been adjusted as follows:
The control via the application, which is carried out by scanning the QR code indicated on the certificate, presents on December 18 the following validity results:
– Green: The certificate is valid and means that the certificate holder has completed their vaccination program or recovered from COVID-19 disease and, in any case, their validity period has not expired.
– Blue: The certificate is valid and means that the certificate holder has undergone a PCR laboratory test with a negative result within the period defined in the decree.
– Yellow orange: The certificate is valid and means that the certificate holder has undergone a rapid antigen test with a negative result within the time period defined in the decree.
– Purple: The vaccination certificate is only valid with the additional presentation of a negative PCR or rapid test result, within the time period defined in the decree, which must also be presented in the form of an EUDCC and will be checked by the CovScan Cyprus app.
– Red: The certificate is invalid.
The “purple” colored result corresponds to the following cases, for which, according to the Orders, an additional presentation of a negative PCR or Rapid Test result is required, the sample having taken place within the time period defined in the Order:
- Presentation of a single-dose vaccination certificate for a two-dose vaccine and not having passed more than 35 days since the date of vaccination.
- Presentation of a single-dose vaccination certificate for a two-dose vaccine and not having passed more than 14 days since the date of vaccination.
- Presentation of a single dose vaccination certificate for a single dose vaccine or a two dose vaccination certificate for a double dose vaccine, if more than seven (7) months have passed since the last dose.
Citizens who have received an additional booster dose after completing their vaccination program (e.g. 3rd dose) can issue their European digital certificate for this specific dose via the platform https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/ . The European booster dose digital certificate is scanned by CovScan Cyprus with a green indication (valid).
The EUDCC can be presented in digital form on a mobile phone (smartphone) or in printed form, provided that the QR code is displayed on it.
It is reminded that are excluded from the mandatory control via the CovScan Cyprus application:
- People aged 65 and over,
- People aged 14 and under,
- Turkish Cypriot citizens vaccinated in areas of the Republic of Cyprus where the government does not exercise effective control,
- Tourists (i.e. persons not permanently residing in the Republic and entering the Republic legally) who have been vaccinated in countries other than those of the European Union, European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) or Switzerland,
- Permanent/legal residents of Cyprus who have been vaccinated in countries other than those of the European Union, European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) or Switzerland, and
- People whose vaccination is proven and after decision of the Medical Council are not recommended, and who must present the special card issued by the Ministry of Health and at the same time a negative PCR or rapid test on a weekly basis.
The CovScan Cyprus application can be installed on any device using Android software and is available for free via Google Play. For instructions on how to use the app, click https://wiki.eudcc.gov.cy/en/COVSCAN_Android_EN.pdf.